FHA respects your privacy and will protect your personal information. This policy explains how FHA (a law firm), will process and protect your personal information. In order for us to help you in performing our mandate, you will have to share personal information with us. It is important that you trust us to protect that information and keep it confidential.
We also know how important confidentiality and privilege is to you. We are professional legal advisers governed by the rules and regulations of the Legal Practice Council and must keep the affairs of present and former clients confidential (unless otherwise required by law). We give independent legal advice that is confidential, privileged and protected.
Security of Personal Information
We take all reasonable and appropriate measures to keep your personal information secure. For example, our laptops and phones are password-protected, and our server is secured with a firewall and 24/7 monitoring by our IT provider. We cannot, however, guarantee the absolute security of it. We back-up and securely store your personal information with the greatest of care.
The Personal Information we collect
We are required by law to verify the identity of our clients. So we will ask you to provide us with specific personal information at the commencement of our engagement with you. We may also collect your personal information from any intermediary that might have referred you to us, and from public records.
How we use your Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- provide you with our services;
- verify your identity;
- respond to your enquires;
- send you a quote for our services;,
- improve our service to you by analysing it;
- invite you to attend events we may hold;
- send you updates on the latest legal developments, and;
- send you marketing material (including electronic communications) relating to our services that you might be interested in. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time and thereafter we will not market to you.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not disclose your personal information to anyone except as provided in this policy.
- It may be necessary for us to disclose or transfer your personal information to suppliers, affiliates, partners or agents in order to provide you with our services.
- We will naturally need to disclose your personal information to our employees in order for them to do their jobs. We make sure they are aware of this responsibility and take their confidentiality obligations seriously. They are contractually bound to keep all confidential information confidential.
- There may be situations where the law requires us to disclose your personal information. In all other situations, we will not disclose your personal information without notifying you and enabling you to object.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
You may access and correct, if necessary, your personal information that we hold by emailing us at any time.